Job Title: Buyer
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Buyer is responsible for purchasing product for Supply and Safety Divisions by developing and cultivating manufacturer and supplier relationships. Buyer will perform inventory analysis and work with management to maximize inventory return on investment. In addition, the Buyer is responsible for researching products and negotiating with manufacturers and suppliers to ensure Gross Electric’s stock level satisfies customer and Sales team requirements. Buyer will ensure all product and price files, purchase orders and documentation are correct.
• Process and maintain purchase orders.
• Proactively research product substitutes and enhanced products, and load into system with correct parameters.
• Work with Division Manager and Sales team to identify manufacturers and product to stock.
• Work with Purchasing Coordinator to set parameters for product files.
• Ensure all products are costed correctly in the ERP system.
• Review return goods file prior to issuing credits.
• Maintain a high fill rate needed for sales orders.
• Ensure all credits, rebates, PO’s and payables are reconciled monthly or per determined schedule.
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve PO discrepancies and other issues.
• Manage critical issues and claims with suppliers.
• Cultivate and strengthen relationships with manufacturers, suppliers and representatives; manage supplier performance (vendor scorecard).
• Maintain Buy/Sell groups and price matrices in Eclipse.
• Work with Division Manager to determine purchase and sell prices.
• Work with Division Manager and Marketing to maintain and create promotional pricing, as needed.
• In conjunction with Division Manager and Sales team, negotiate into stock pricing, special price agreements, rebates, special buys, quotes and terms with manufacturers and representatives.
• Review electronic price files, rebates, quotes, for accuracy prior to forwarding to Purchasing Coordinator for implementation.
• Work with Purchasing Coordinator, Division Manager and Controller to identify defective, stagnant and deal inventory; and determine disposition of material.
• Utilize multiple data sources and tools (ex: Eclipse, Phocas, Excel) to create inventory analysis.
• Review and correct inventory items as needed.
• Attend buying group meetings and network with other distributors in the industry.
• Work with warehouse manager to resolve any inventory discrepancies.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3-5 years purchasing or sales experience.
• Expert in purchase order process.
• Experience using purchasing software applications, specifically Epicor/Eclipse.
• Knowledge of market conditions and competition required.
• Knowledgeable of products and local codes requirements on products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability to manipulate and analyze data.
• Ability to operate or to quickly learn computer systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Excellent attention to detail skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate on projects and work independently.
• Provide a positive and professional image of the company to customers, vendors and co-workers.
• Possess a genuine desire to provide outstanding service by being enthusiastic, friendly and energetic.
GROSS ELECTRIC VALUES:
Acts as a role model and consistently embody the Gross Electric values:
• Customers – Provide an experience that inspires our customers to refer us.
• Integrity – Act honestly, ethically and with trust.
• Respect – Treat everyone with respect in all communications and interactions.
• Winning – Drive to be successful in everything we do.
• Teamwork – Have a team and family spirit, and be accountable to one another and the company.
• Community – Embrace our responsibility to make a difference in our community.