Showroom Sales Consultant
Ann Arbor Showroom - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Job Title: Showroom Sales Consultant
Department: Ann Arbor Showroom
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Showroom Sales Consultant is responsible for selling lighting and decorative hardware solutions to retail and light commercial customers, builders, designers, and electrical contractors.
• Achieve monthly and yearly sales goals and continue to grow sales volume
o Be proactive on orders and potential orders by utilizing open bid reports and open order reports on a daily basis.
o Sell Add-ons, i.e. dimmers, bulbs, control systems.
o Follow the sales process in approaching, engaging with the customer and closing the sale at the appropriate margin.
• Establish, develop & maintain excellent relationships with all existing and prospective customers
o Maintain customer relationships through consistent communication. Keep them appraised of new products, new services and other interesting/important information to keep them connected with Gross Electric.
• Quality of work
o Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers through queues, email, phone, voicemail, and thank you cards in a timely matter.
o Process orders accurately and efficiently.
• Help keep the showroom neat & professional looking by cleaning, re-lamping, and keeping tags updated.
• Follow all policies and procedures.
• Maintain superior product knowledge through self-study, online courses and vendor training, keep current with industry trends.
• Work respectfully with the Gross Electric team in a positive environment.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Arts in Design and/or Sales preferred,
• OR High school diploma /GED with a minimum of two (2) years design experience.
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Experience in the lighting and/or hardware business preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to build effective relationships based on trust, respect and collaboration with all levels and functions of an organization.
• Ability to provide a positive and professional image of the company to customers, vendors and co-workers.
• Ability to possess a genuine desire to provide outstanding service by being enthusiastic, friendly and energetic.
• Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
• Ability to open and close sales.
• Ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then apply that learning to perform successfully under new situations.
• Ability to operate or to quickly learn computer systems and applications.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate on projects and work independently.
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
GROSS ELECTRIC VALUES:
Acts as a role model and consistently embodies the Gross Electric values:
• Customers – Provide an experience that inspires our customers to refer us.
• Integrity – Act honestly, ethically and with trust.
• Respect – Treat everyone with respect in all communications and interactions.
• Winning – Drive to be successful in everything we do.
• Teamwork – Have a team and family spirit, and be accountable to one another and the company.
• Community – Embrace our responsibility to make a difference in our community.