Showroom Sales Consultant
Toledo Showroom - Toledo, OH
Job Title: Showroom Sales Consultant
Reports To: Showroom Manager
Showroom Sales is responsible for selling lighting solutions to retail customers, builders, designers, and electrical contractors.
- Achieve monthly and yearly sales goals and continue to grow sales volume.
- Be proactive on orders and potential orders by utilizing open bid reports and open order reports on a daily basis.
- Sell Add-ons, i.e. dimmers, bulbs, control systems
- Follow the sales process in approaching, engaging the customer and closing the sale at the appropriate margin.
- Establish, develop & maintain excellent relationships with all existing and prospective customers.
- Look around, approach customers quickly and politely. Make them feel welcome and look for customers not being attended to and re-approach after a little time if necessary.
- Listen to customers’ needs, ask questions and respond courteously.
- Maintain customer relationships through consistent communication. Keep them appraised of new products, new services and other interesting/important information to keep them connected with Gross Electric.
Quality of work
- Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers through Queues, email, phone, voicemail, and thank you cards in a timely matter.
- Process orders accurately and efficiently.
- Do what is expected on time without having to be reminded.
- Follow policies and procedures such as special orders and returns.
- Help keep the showroom neat & professional looking by cleaning, re-lamping, and keeping tags updated.
• Maintain superior product knowledge through self-study, online courses and vendor training, keep current with industry trends.
• Work respectfully with the team in a positive environment.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Arts in Design and/or Sales preferred, OR High school diploma /GED with a minimum of two (2) years experience.
• Previous sales experience.
• Experience in the lighting business preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to build effective relationships based on trust, respect and collaboration with all levels and functions of an organization.
• Ability to provide a positive and professional image of the company to customers, vendors and co-workers.
• Ability to possess a genuine desire to provide outstanding service by being enthusiastic, friendly ad energetic.
• Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
• Ability to open and close sales.
• Ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then apply that learning to perform successfully under new situations.
• Ability to operate or to quickly learn computer systems and applications.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate on projects and work independently.
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
GROSS ELECTRIC VALUES:
Acts as a role model and consistently embodies the Gross Electric values:
• Customers – Provide an experience that inspires our customers to refer us.
• Integrity – Act honestly, ethically and with trust.
• Respect – Treat everyone with respect in all communications and interactions.
• Winning – Drive to be successful in everything we do.
• Teamwork – Have a team and family spirit, and be accountable to one another and the company.
• Community – Embrace our responsibility to make a difference in our community.
Consultant is responsible for selling lighting solutions to retail and light commercial customers, builders, designers, and electrical contractors.