JOB TITLE: Showroom Sales Consultant
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION: Showroom, Ann Arbor
REPORTS TO: Ann Arbor Showroom Manager
The Showroom Sales Consultant is responsible for selling lighting solutions to retail and light commercial customers, builders, designers, and electrical contractors.
Achieve monthly and yearly sales goals and continue to grow sales volume.
Establish, develop & maintain excellent relationships with all existing & prospective customers.
- Approach customers quickly & politely. Make them feel welcome and look for customers not being attended to & re-approach after a little time if necessary.
- Independently solve problems, seek solutions and learn from previous experiences to find solutions
- Maintain customer relationships through consistent communication. Keep them apprised of new products, new services and other interesting/important information to keep them connected with Gross Electric.
Quality of work
- Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers through queues, email, phone, voicemail, and thank you cards in a timely matter.
- Process orders accurately and efficiently.
- Do what is expected on time without having to be reminded.
- Maintain superior product knowledge through self-study, online courses and vendor training, keep current with industry trends.
- Work respectfully with the team in a positive environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively manage customer accounts. Have a positive attitude & demonstrate this in the performance of duties. Contribute to a positive work environment & team spirit.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts in Design and/or Sales preferred
- Experience in the lighting business preferred
- Sales experience… demonstrated ability to open and close sales
- Relationship building… Ability to build effective relationships based on trust, respect and collaboration with all levels and functions of an organization
- Has a proven track record of making customer satisfaction a priority
- Learning agility… Ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then apply that learning to perform successfully under new situations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of computer software and applications