Laundry may not be your favorite chore, but we can help make your laundry room more appealing! The more visible your laundry room is, the more you’ll probably want it to look nice. If it’s tucked into an upstairs closet or in an unfinished basement, then how the space functions is probably more important to you than how it looks.
When planning your laundry room remodel, you’ll want to determine what you’re hoping to achieve:
- Do you want the space to function better with a more efficient workflow?
- Do you just want it to look nicer?
- Are you adding counter space or a large island for folding?
- Are you expanding your laundry room to create space for hampers or sorting bins, a hanging rod, drying rack, or ironing board?
You’ll also want to think about how you plan to use the space:
- Do you only need room for a washer & dryer?
- Do you plan to use the area as a pantry or for extra storage by adding cabinets or open shelves?
- Will your laundry room serve double-duty as a mudroom, home office, craft room, or pet room?
One more thing to consider for your laundry room remodel… since the laundry room is usually only seen by your immediate family, it can be the perfect space to experiment with fun, energetic colors! Try a new color or print for your paint, wallpaper, tile, or backsplash. Accessories, such as rugs, hampers, and even lighting, are low risk ways to experiment with color. You may want to avoid bold color appliances, unless you really love the color and you’re sure that you’ll be able to coordinate it with the rest of your décor.
Regardless of how you’re using the space, proper lighting is important. General lighting and task lighting are necessary in the laundry room. Our lighting consultants can determine lighting that isn’t too bright or too dim for your space. They can also advise you on what light bulb color temperature is best for your laundry room. After all, you need to be able to sort your black socks from your navy socks!
There are a few things you can do before you visit our showroom to make your consultation more productive. Measure the ceiling height, as well as the length and width of your room. A consultant will need the dimensions to determine the appropriate size fixture for your space. Another suggestion is to take photos of the room. The pictures will help with size selection, as well as narrow down the types and styles of lights that will work best in your space.
Stop by our lighting showroom in either Toledo or Ann Arbor to discuss your laundry room remodel, or click here to schedule an appointment with one of our lighting consultants.